Sunday, September 10, 2017

Apple-Picking

I went running and was getting back about 7:15 and saw this as I was coming up the driveway....apparently Connor woke up and didn't want to wake up Jed, so she put on her mudboots and headed outside to find me.  Notice Angus and Tinkerbell following behind her?  What a crew...


That morning we met Jena, Brook, and Grandma J and went to Schweizer's Orchard in Saint Joe.


It was a lot of fun to taste the apples...and to pick them too!



I didn't get a picture of the whole thing, but this was a semi-truck that had ladders and slides!




Connor took Jace and I for a "drive" in a train.


Our haul: some early jonathan apples for baking, and some fuji and jonalicious apples for eating!  Oh, and some cheesy and caramel popcorn they had in the store.  We also brought home apple butter and we tried three kinds of cider: Regular, Blue Raspberry, and Cherry!


No comments:

Post a Comment