Saturday, August 29, 2015

Fun's over.

Summer's over.  Back to school.

Took all summer, but the day before I had to go back to work Connor got this shiner.  She was on one side of Jace's bed and he was on the other--he tossed his nerf gun up on the bed and it slid across and hit her in the eye...thank goodness it didn't bleed much!


Sad to leave these two....even though we have had some rough days...love every minute I get to spend with them!




Connor has recently discovered lip gloss...now if only she would figure out it is only for her lips... 



And the end of summer means this guy is headed to Kindergarten.

I'm trying to keep it together.  It's hard.

We do SO much together.  He is THE BEST helper.  Ornery, yes.  Gets in trouble?  Of course.  But he is an amazing kid.  And he has amazed me this summer how he is so much like a "sponge"...absorbing everything he hears and sees...
And I know in a matter of weeks he will seem so much older.  Heck, in I think just 3 weeks he will read his first word.  And it will be amazing to watch him learn and grow.
But, I know he is going to have fun.  A LOT of fun.

He told me the other day that he was getting big enough to farm all the time, so he wouldn't be around to help me at home anymore.  Sob.


And let's not forget this girl--one of his best friends.  They are starting this new adventure together...kind of.  She is in the other kindergarten, but it will still be fun.


Jennifer put this collage together...WOW.  They were just babies when they started school...


And this was just back-to-school night....I'll really be a mess when the "real" first day of school is here.  But, he is going to be SOOOOOO excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment