Monday, November 30, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

A.k.a. my favorite time of the year.
We took advantage of some "good weather" before it got cold and windy and got most of our outside lights up mid-November.  I promised Jed we wouldn't turn them on until Thanksgiving night....

The kids were pretty good help...Jace tried to help and Connor didn't complain, so everyone wins!


Mission accomplished!  On a sad note, "Kitty" aka "Meow" aka "Peaches" went missing after Thanksgiving and we haven't found her.  For a cat we picked up off the street she was awesome, and Connor loved her.  She wins the award for lasting the longest out of the three cats we have tried to adopt...so we were sad to see her go.  Luckily it's been cold, so Connor hasn't been outside and asked about her much...but she is still telling everyone she sees that "my kitty run away."  **MONTHS later...still telling everyone that.**  Jed thinks we should get another cat when it warms up...Jace and I are pulling for a dog....


Also in November we took Jace to Children's Mercy to see a GI doctor.  This involved getting blood drawn...he bounces into the room, puts his arm out, and wham.  Decides against it.  Anticipating this, I had sat down by him, while Jed stood in the corner, trying to be helpful.  Jed offered to do this part, since I hate needles, but I didn't watch.  Mostly because I was busy holding Jace down.  Along with a second nurse they had pulled out of the hallway.  It was SUPER fun.  NOT.  Hoping we don't have to do that again for a long time...

On a positive note though, we stopped by Cabela's on the way home, and after that, of course we went to the shooting range.  I am not kidding when I say Jace was shooting LIGHTS OUT.  Even Jed was impressed...


We tried out Mr. Goodcents in November!  Since Subway has decided to go all organic, natural, aka against farmers...we are looking for a new sandwich shop.  Jace approved of this one!


Connor, trying on one of her choices for Christmas dress.  I LOVED this one...but we didn't use it.  It was a lot of dress...


Some school artwork...


Hanging out...not sure how Connor ended up in the living room, but I think I was trying to put up the Christmas tree, and Jed was hanging out in the living room, so we adapted...


A few days later...Christmas tree!  And some Luedke kids hanging out at our house!


And Dad and the kids hanging out watching a movie...we love Christmas movies. 



That's all folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment