Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Goodbyes.

We said goodbye to the swing this week.  Decided that at almost 9 months, Connor had outgrown it.  She hadn't been using it for awhile anyway...but we really finally put it away.
Some fun comparisons:  Jace and Connor, both first time in the swing.


And their last times in the swing...Jace was about 6 months old...we let Connor stay in it a few months longer I guess...even though at every checkup she has outgrown Jace at the same age!


And just Connor....and a 9 month difference.


And another first and last....Jace's first time holding Connor at home, and most recent time.  It won't be his last I can assure you.  He LOVES her.  And she ADORES him.


And now for the tough Goodbye in this blog post.  I knew this day was coming....but I had no idea it would be so hard to let go of my truck.  I know how silly that sounds....but think about it.


 This truck brought home my first baby from the hospital...with so many gifts and flowers shoved in there, we barely had room for Jace.


This truck moved us to our new home when we bought it.  And again, with so much stuff packed in there on each load we couldn't barely find Jace.


This truck brought home my last baby from the hospital.  It has taken my babies to checkups, it took Jace to his first day of preschool, went on so many trips to Manhattan to see I think 4 of our siblings/in-laws graduate.  The first dog we had, Frankie, was allowed to ride in the back seat of this truck.  ALL THE TIME.  Went to two of our siblings weddings.  Brought home Jace's first bike.  I LOVED the KSU stickers on it--especially the family stickers.  In fact, I used that picture to announce when we were pregnant with Connor.  I know it sounds silly....but this truck was family.  And I miss it.  We definitely needed more room...so we got an Acadia.  It's nice to have the room in the back....but I would go back and get my truck today if they would let me.  There were a lot of miles but a lot of memories too.

No comments:

Post a Comment